Job Information Summary:
Administrative Organizer needed for full-time work across Southwest Ohio with nursing home, hospital and other health care workers, and public service employees.
An Administrative Organizer in District 1199 WV/KY/OH is responsible for
- Bargaining contracts and running contract campaigns
- Developing strong chapter leadership and structure
- Working with members to build a powerful political program.
- Involving members in bringing a union voice to more potential members
- Working with members to enforce their contract through the grievance and arbitration process.
Who is SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH?
We are the union of health care and social service workers in Ohio, West Virginia, and eastern Kentucky, 25,000 people united by our belief in the dignity and worth of workers. We organize to improve the lives of working people and their families and lead the way to a more just and humane society.
We are nurses, caregivers, support staff and professionals. We work in hospitals, nursing homes, mental health and DD care facilities, social service agencies, Head Start programs, libraries, schools and other health and human service centers.
We are part of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), America’s largest and fastest growing union.
- A passion for justice, a willingness to learn, the ability to work hard with irregular hours, and the ability to travel
- Good communication skills, personal discipline and organization, good judgment, and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Union or community organizing experience is preferred but not required
- Computer skills needed
SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH offers competitive salaries, a full range of benefits, and training.
Would primarily cover Southwest Ohio, including Springfield, Dayton and Cincinnati areas.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 614-461-1549, a résumé, a letter explaining why you want to do this work and names and contact information of three references and put “Administrative Organizer” in the subject line.