Congratulations to all members with Springfield Regional Medical Center. A new contract was ratified last week that includes substantial wage increases for the bargaining unit, including a path to a $15 by 2022. Members will move immediately to $13 an hour, which may equate to a substantial raise.
Below are some of the new terms of the no-concessions contract:
• A $15 an hour minimum wage for all members by 2022
• Annual wage increases for workers who already make $15/hr (and above)
• Language that will give members a personal day, in addition to current PTO time
• A new $1 an hour premium for environmental services members
• Non-discrimination language that will protect workers in several areas
• Reimbursement for ServSafe Training for nutrition services members
• A simplified 2-step grievance procedure
Congratulations to the member bargaining team for standing united to bargain this new contract. We are stronger together.