Member News and Grievance Victories
• ResCare Member in Ohio Granted Retroactive Pay. A member with ResCare in Belmont County believed that their pay was not being calculated properly, as they were missing a wage increase and not receiving “PILOB,” an optional hourly add-on in lieu of benefits. The member contacted the Member Resource Center to file a grievance. Working with the Union, the member’s rate was updated and retroactive pay totaling over $1,500 was issued.
• Ohio Nursing Home Members Secure Breaks. At a recent meeting with management, members with a nursing home in the Youngstown area expressed concern that members of the bargaining unit were not able to take necessary breaks. Having a Union means having a voice and after raising this issue as a group, management agreed to implement new scheduling procedures.
• West Virginia ResCare Member Successfully Challenges Corrective Action Plan. A dedicated member with ResCare in Cabell County was issued a corrective action plan. The member believed that the plan was unfounded and joined together with the Union to file a grievance. As an outcome of the grievance, the corrective action plan was removed from the member’s employment file entirely.
• Cleveland Community School District Member Awarded Job Transfer. A member with CMSD wanted to transfer to a new school but believed the contract was not being followed in regards to transfers. Working together, the Union found that the contract was not being followed in this area. As a result and as mandated by the contract, the member was awarded the transfer.
• Ohio Nursing Home Member Returns to Preceptor Program. A member with a nursing home in Ohio was given a warning and removed from a training program, which was an important opportunity. The member believed the removal was unfounded and worked with the Union to file a grievance. In a successful outcome, the member has returned to the program.
Member Resource Center Update
The Member Resource Center provides assistance each day to a substantial number of members across West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky. Whether you need a copy of your contract, assistance contacting Union staff, or advice on how to file a grievance, representatives with the Member Resource Center are standing by to assist members each Monday through Friday. “Your Member Resource Center Has Your Back!”