Member News and Grievance Victories
● Southern Ohio Hospital Member Granted Significant Settlement. A member was a part of a job training program to become an OB Scrub Tech when management decided to cancel the program. The member contacted the Union because she was employed as a trainee when the decision was made. The Union and member were able to secure a $5,000 settlement as compensation.
● ResCare Member in Cabell County Receives Important Work Documents. A member with ResCare in West Virginia had been trying to get important work documents from management for weeks and had not been successful. The documents were needed for an application related to one of his family members. The member contacted the Union and by the end of the day, the Union was able to get a meeting time established with ResCare to receive the needed documents.
● Bellefaire JCB Members Stand Together For Safety. Members with Bellefaire JCB, a service provider in Cleveland, have been standing together as Union members and co-workers to ensure workplace safety in relation to the current pandemic. Through their Union, these members are speaking out and raising critical health and safety issues.
● ResCare Member Issued $2,000 in Back Pay. A member with ResCare moved to a different worksite but her pay was not updated. The member did not receive a $0.30 increase that she was owed and even after her rate was increased, she was not issued a payment for the back wages that were due under the terms of the contract. Working with the Union, the member has now received the retroactive pay that she had earned, which totaled approximately $2,000.
● Consumer Support Services of Trumbull County Members Unite for Better Working Conditions. Several group home members with CSS Trumbull recently gathered signatures and wrote a letter to management to address unfair treatment in the workplace and issues with client care. As a result of their collective efforts, their manager was removed.
Member Resource Center Update
The Member Resource Center provides assistance each day to a substantial number of members across West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky. Whether you need a copy of your contract, assistance contacting Union staff, or advice on how to file a grievance, representatives with the Member Resource Center are standing by to assist members each Monday through Friday. “Your Member Resource Center Has Your Back!”