For calendar year 2019, SEIU 1199 will award up to eighteen $1,000 scholarships in Ohio, four $1,000 scholarships in West Virginia and one $1,000 scholarship in Kentucky.
- Applicants must be a member of SEIU 1199 WV/KY/OH or an immediate family member of a member (mother, father, spouse, life partner, legal guardian, child, step child or dependent).
- Applicants must have been accepted or currently enrolled in an accredited two or four year educational institution or technical school and actively enrolled in a degree, post bachelor’s degree or certification program at said institution.
- Applicants must be enrolled for a minimum of five (5) credit hours in a course required or related to the degree or certification of which they are in pursuit.
- Applications must show the Union Member associated with the application is, at the time of application, a member in good standing and has been a member in good standing for an uninterrupted two year period prior to the application deadline. (A member in good standing is a member who has signed a membership card and is actively paying membership dues in accordance with the By Laws of SEIU District 1199).
All applications will be screened to ensure they meet the eligibility requirements. Please fill out the application in its entirely and return the application, along with the required documents listed below, to SEIU District 1199, 1395 Dublin Road, Columbus, Ohio, 43215, Attention: Scholarship Program.
- Proof of Relationship to SEIU Member (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate, domestic partnership form or proof of dependent status)
- Proof of membership of Union Member associated with the application.
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance to a degree or certification program at an accredited technical program, two or four year educational institution or active
enrollment in a degree, post bachelor’s degree to certification program at said institutions.
- All applications and documentation will be verified for accuracy.
The deadline to apply is September 1. Scholarship recipients will be announced in the fall of 2019.