Members of SEIU District 1199 at Piney Valley in Keyser, West Virginia, recently united to ratify a new contract. Members at the facility work hard as a team to provide quality care. They also stayed together in negotiations to bargain a contract with significant improvements and no concessions.
The new 2-year contract includes the following improvements:
• Wages (new employees) – Starting wages for CNA’s, cooks, and maintenance workers, were raised by $0.50.
• Wages (all other employees) – Wages will increase by $0.80 over the 2-year term of the contract.
• Shift Differential – A $0.20 shift differential for both evenings and the night shift was approved. This is the first time that workers at this facility will earn a shift differential.
• Health Insurance (premium caps) – A 3% reduction in the health insurance cap was approved.
• Health Insurance (new employees) – New employees will now be eligible for health insurance with no waiting period.
• Life Insurance – Total life insurance coverage will increase by 50%.
Congratulations to these workers on their new contract. We are stronger together.