Field Organizers needed for full-time work in West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio with Head Start, nursing home, home care, hospital and other health care and social service employees.
Organizing with SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH is about being a leader in the struggle to transform people’s lives. Organizers empower workers to make gains in areas that matter to them and their families: wages, benefits, respect and a voice on the job. You’ll learn skills from some of the best organizers in the labor movement that can help people overcome difficult odds and win the power to change their lives.
A Field Organizer at SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH is responsible for:
- Organizing workers to overcome opposition and win union recognition
- Identifying, recruiting and developing worker leaders and community allies
- Communicating union vision and plan to win union recognition
- Involving members in bringing a union voice to more members through growth
- Conducting basic research and logistics of an organizing campaign
Who is SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH?
We’re nurses, caregivers, support staff and professionals. We work in hospitals, nursing homes, mental health and DD care facilities, social service agencies, Head Start programs, libraries, schools and other health and human service centers.
We’re 35,000 people united by our belief in the dignity and worth of workers. We organize to improve the lives of working people and their families and lead the way to a more just and humane society.
We’re part of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), America’s largest and fastest growing union. We’re the union of health care and social service workers in Ohio, West Virginia and eastern Kentucky: SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH.
If you want to put your mind and heart to work in the cause of a better world, there’s a role for you in SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH.
- A passion for justice, a willingness to learn, the ability to work hard with irregular hours, and the ability to travel frequently.
- Good communication skills, personal discipline and organization, good judgment, and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Computer skills needed.
- Union or community organizing experience is preferred.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits
1395 Dublin Road
Columbus OH 43215
Click the “APPLY NOW” link below or fax a résumé, a letter explaining why you want to do this work and names and contact information of three references to Sara Frank at 614-461-11549 and put “Field Organizer” in the subject line.