Job: Member Resource Center (MRC) Representative. This is a FULL-TIME HOURLY position.
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Summary: Member Resource Center Representative needed to work in Member Resource Center, fielding members’ calls and providing staff support.
Description: A Member Resource Center Representative is a 40-hour hourly position in the Member Resource Center at SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH and is responsible for the following:
- Answering phones
- Documenting calls and tracking grievances
- Problem solving with members
- Informing members of rights
- Strike support
- Participate in collaborative team efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to operate a computer, proficiency in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of a database.
- Ability to type 30 words a minute
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid organization skills, with an ability to stay focused and prioritize work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of interacting professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical and judgment skills
- Successful candidate shall possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to quickly grasp collective bargaining issues and human resource management principles.
- Ability to understand and apply labor law and employment-related policies, practices and procedures.
SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH offers competitive wages, benefits, and training.
MRC Representatives may be required to work long and irregular hours, to work on weekends and holidays when necessary.
Who is SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH?
We’re nurses, caregivers, support staff and professionals. We work in hospitals, nursing homes, mental health and DD care facilities, social service agencies, Head Start programs, libraries, schools and other health and human service centers.
We’re 26,000 people united by our belief in the dignity and worth of workers. We organize to improve the lives of working people and their families and lead the way to a more just and humane society.
We’re part of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), America’s largest and fastest growing union. We’re the union of health care and social service workers in Ohio, West Virginia and eastern Kentucky: SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH.
If you want to put your mind and heart to work in the cause of a better world, there’s a role for you in SEIU District 1199 WV/KY/OH.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 614-461-1549, a résumé in which you respond to each of the criteria, a letter explaining why you want to do this work, and names with contact information of three references. Place “Member Resource Center Representative” in the subject line. Women and people of color are urged to apply.