Workers with Huntington Health and Rehabilitation approved a new contract on Saturday. The bargaining committee stayed united and worked together to bargain a contract with many beneficial new terms and improvements.
Below are some of the highlights of the new contract:
• Discrimination: Language was added that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
• Overtime and Hours of Work: Workers who volunteer for 35 extra shifts will receive a $500 bonus.
• Health Insurance: Family healthcare coverage will now be provided with a lower premium. A 70/30 plan was approved, which was previously 50/50. A Union rep was also added to the health care committee.
• Vaccinations: The employer will now provide pneumonia vaccinations and flu shots at no additional cost to members.
• Sick Leave: The cash in amount for sick days was increased from 75% to 80% and members can cash up to 6 days a year.
• Vacation: Requests for vacation time must now be answered in writing in 10 days.
• Ratification Bonus: Workers will receive a $125 contract ratification bonus.
• Attendance Incentive: An attendance incentive of $175 will now be provided up to four times a year.
• Starting Wages: The New CNA start rate for 0-5 years of experience will be $12 an hour. For workers with 5-10 years of experience, the start rate will be $13 an hour. Workers with 10+ years of experience with start at $14.
• Wage Increases: In the first year of the contract, wages will increase 4%. Wages will also increase 3.5% in the second year and 3% in the third year.
• Weekend Differential: The weekend shift differential will now be $1.50 an hour, which is a dollar increase from $0.50 an hour.
Congratulations to the bargaining committee and workers with Huntington Health and Rehabilitation. We are stronger together.