BrightSpring (“ResCare”) members with SEIU District 1199 work hard to provide quality care. BrightSpring members, the Union, and their co-workers, work as a team when necessary to file grievances. Standing together, members regularly win back pay and work to uphold the contract.
Below are some recent contract violations and related victories won by members of the Union:
• Med Pass Payments Issued – Two members did not receive Med Pass related payments. One of the members was issued a check for nearly $900 in retroactive compensation.
• Final Written Warning Reduced for Longtime Employee – A dedicated member who had worked with the company for over seven years was issued a final written warning. While the member was not able to come to agreement with the employer on all of the facts of the situation, through the process of filing a dispute, the employer decided to take into account the members tenure with the company and reduce the reprimand.
• Improper Healthcare Deduction Resolved – A member contacted the Union after a wrongful health insurance deduction and mileage reimbursement error. The member worked with the Union and was compensated by the employer.
• Payment Arrangement Reached After Wage Over-payment – The employer, unbeknownst to a member, had issued over-payments. The employer wanted to withdraw the entire sum from the workers next check, which would have been financially devastating. The member and the Union successfully proposed a payment arrangement that was satisfactory to the employer.
• Unfounded Termination Defeated Through Grievance Process – A member believed she was being treated wrongfully by a supervisor and kept written notes. The member was terminated by management for allegedly falling asleep but the only witness was the supervisor who is no longer there. The employee joined with the Union and was reinstated due to lack of sufficient evidence.
• Member Issued Payment for Missing Hours – A member was missing 24 hours of pay from his paycheck shortly before the end of 2018. After trying to resolve the issue on his own for four weeks, the member joined with the Union and filed a grievance. A retroactive payment was issued by the employer and it was received by the member within 17 days of first contact with the Union about filing a grievance.
Representatives with the Member Resource Center are standing by to assist Monday through Friday. “Your Member Resource Center Has Your Back!”